EXCURSIONS | Chania - Samaria Gorge
- The Samaria Gorge adventure starts by picking you up from the designated locations (which are available on the site). We arrive at the Samaria Gorge at approximately 08:30-09:00.
- After a short break for a coffee you are ready to enter the gorge at about 09:15. There at a height of 100 meters you will begin the 16 km walk through the longest and most beautiful gorge in Europe.
- At the end of the gorge there is a picturesque village, Agia Roumeli from where you wil be conveyed by boat on an equally glorious trip which ends to Chora Sfakion at approximately 18:30.
- There the bus will be waiting to take at your hotel. You are expected to return home at around 20:30 although time of arrival varies depending on your destination.
Operation: Every day
- Tour starts from the west coast, Chania
- 05:20-06:10 Pickup
- 07:30 First stopOmalosPlateau.
- 08:00 Begin hike Xyloskalo (1.200 m)
- 14:00 End hike at Agia Roumeli(it depends on how fast you walk)
- 16:45 Meet with the guide in the tavern (the gests get their boat tickets from the guide)
- 17:30 Departure from Agia Roumeli to Sougia
- 18:30 Arrival at Sougia
- 20:00- 20:30 Arrival at your Hotel
- Our guides have passed the gorge hundreds of times and they are always close to the group checking if everything is ok.
- Good walking shoes are necessary.
Extra Fees : Gorge Entrance 5 Euro, Ag. Roumeli-Sougia boat ticket 10 Euro.
Bus transfer is operated by Kiriakakis travel.